Welcome to The Block!
October’s shaping up to be a busy month! We’ve got a new encoder launching soon, a new blog post and a podcast to help churches extend their reach with SEO, a Live Streaming for Churches Facebook group event, plus Sites and Streaming updates.
Our New Touchscreen HEVC Encoder Is Almost Here!
If you’ve been following us for a while, you might already know we’re about to debut a new touchscreen HEVC encoder. Here are some things you might not know it offers:
- Convenient monitoring from the touchscreen or BoxCast Dashboard
- On-screen tutorials for easy setup and troubleshooting
- Your choice of an HDMI or SDI (coming soon) version
- Built-in BoxCast Flow for ultra-reliable, high-quality video
- Customizable light ring and on-screen analytics
- MicroSD to locally record a backup
- An affordable, under $1,000 price
Supplies are limited — If you haven’t yet, sign up to be a VIP and get first dibs once it’s available!
New Blog Post: 5 SEO Best Practices for Churches
If you want people to find your website, good SEO, or search engine optimization, is essential. We know it can be overwhelming to even know where to begin. That’s why we created a new blog post that outlines the 5 best practices needed to get more visitors to your website — and ultimately, your church!
New Podcast: Why Churches Should Make Their Website a Priority with Jono Long
On this month’s podcast, we discuss several topics with Jono Long and home in on why churches should make their website and online presence a key priority. From Google Ad Grants to website events and blogs, Jono shows us that marketing isn’t scary and explains how churches can get started.
Jono’s the CEO and founder of Faithworks Marketing. Faithworks provides churches and nonprofits with the tools and expertise they need to up their social media and SEO game to create, optimize, and manage their content and community presence.
Be sure to give Faithworks a follow on YouTube, Facebook, and/or Instagram!
Live Facebook Event: Ask the Experts About Church Marketing
Speaking of Jono, we’ve got a live Facebook event planned later this month with him and BoxCast Community Manager Gary Buchanan. At the end of the session, you’ll be able to ask any questions you may have about church marketing.
Join our Live Streaming for Churches Facebook group and keep an eye on your email for details!
New Sites Template
We know there’s no one-size-fits-all website for churches (or anyone, really). That's why we offer plenty of Sites templates to choose from — including the new one we just added this month. Visit our Sites webpage to see the desktop, tablet, and mobile versions of them all!
Streaming Dashboard Updates
We’ve also made some updates to our Graphic Overlays feature:
- You have more control over your image position and can drag images partially or fully off screen.
- For recurring broadcasts, you can apply changes to all broadcasts in the series or just the one you’re editing.
- You can use hot keys. Example: Select the overlay in the preview window and hit the delete button on your keyboard to delete the image.
- A new Active Overlays section lets you change the order of the overlay layers.
Stay in the Know
Visit the News tab in our chat window! We publish Dashboard updates the day they’re launched with everything you need to know. Once you've viewed this tab, it'll notify you (in a non-intrusive way) anytime a new item is published.
Here's what we've been reading, creating, and watching this month:
6 Quick Tips to Improve Church SEO
Trimming Tool Updates
WordPress vs. Sites
Start a Block Party
Invite your friends to sign up for The Block and share the latest streaming news, tips, tricks, wins, and more!