User Experience Researcher
Title: User Experience Researcher
Reports to: Sr. Digital Product Designer
Department: User Experience
Location: Cleveland, OH
FLSA Status: Exempt
How You'll Make An Impact
The User Experience Researcher is a new position and a member of the newly-formed User Experience (UX) team, which is tasked with defining and building great experiences for our digital and physical products. The UX Researcher will utilize a variety of user research and information gathering techniques, along with your strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to conduct research that evaluates and influences our experiences for desktop, mobile, and physical devices. This position requires someone who is collaborative, confident, self-aware, flexible, analytical, and a problem-solver that advocates for the customer.
What You'll Do
- Plan, coordinate, and lead customer experience research studies using techniques such as in-person and remote usability testing, product/concept evaluation, and customer feedback surveys.
- Analyze and synthesize information gathered during studies and ad-hoc analyses to make business and design recommendations for improving the customer experience.
- Employ creative and innovative qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand the needs of consumers to generate insights useful in evaluating designs and fueling ideation.
- Communicate results and recommendations with authority using compelling and creative presentation techniques.
- Partner with key stakeholders, including engineering, product owners, project managers, customer support, sales, operations, and QA teams, all while advocating for a research-driven approach to building compelling user experiences.
- Take ownership of assigned projects and make decisions with supervision.
- Responsible for other tasks as assigned.
- You are able to excel in an Agile work environment
- Knowledge of user interface design, information architecture, and human factors.
- Existing familiarity with web and mobile design patterns.
- Strong presentation skills, particularly when discussing data-heavy topics.
- Familiarity with user research techniques/tools such as usability testing, survey writing, in-person interviewing, and user analytics.
- Having a background in testing consumer goods, computer hardware, or physical goods also be an asset.
- 2+ years professional education or training in Human Factors research, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology (or a related field) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience making and supporting recommendations using observed customer behavior, user analytics data, and/or survey responses.
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of and ability to apply research to inform UX deliverables including, personas, user task flows, experience maps, baselines and benchmarks, and affinity diagrams.
- Experience working at a SaaS company or with rich web applications is a plus.
- Extremely comfortable with the tools of the trade: UserTesting.com (or similar), SurveyMonkey (or similar), Excel, etc. Must also be productive with G-Suite tools
- A competitive base salary
- Flexible DTO (Discretionary Time Off) policy to take time to recharge
- Flexible work from home policy
- Robust benefits plans including medical, dental, vision from Day 1
- A newly renovated office environment near the popular West 25th Street area
BoxCast is an easy-to-use, flexible live video streaming solution for organizations. Launched in 2013, BoxCast is a proud member of the rapidly-growing tech community in Cleveland, OH.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.