User Experience Designer
Title: User Experience Designer
Reports to: Sr. Digital Product Designer
Department: User Experience Team
Location: Cleveland, OH
FLSA Status: Exempt
How You'll Make An Impact
As a User Experience Designer, you will work closely within the User Experience team and across cross-functional teams within the organization to concept and design solutions to address areas of friction within the user’s journey. You’ll test and iterate on existing experiences to ensure they are on-brand, functional, usable, and accessible. You advocate for the voice of the user and are instrumental to all aspects of interface design within projects.
What You'll Do
- Be an advocate for and work on behalf of the customer when working on various cross functional teams and individually-led projects
- Consider user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other design considerations to deliver user interfaces that positively impact OKRs
- Create sketches, wireframes, prototypes, mock ups, and final assets for Web and mobile UI
- Participate in user research activities including user testing, surveys, journey mapping workshops, etc.
- Write documentation including annotations and user requirements
- Participate in design workshops and collaborative sessions with the Strategy and other internal teams
- Comfortable with taking designs from high level concepts to pixel-perfect final designs
- Work with marketing partners to leverage existing brand voice and design guidelines to inform interface design decisions
- As a member of the strategy department, you’ll be working on the most important and impactful growth projects at the company and have many opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across many disciplines
- You are able to excel in an Agile work environment
- You have an online portfolio that not only depicts the output of projects you worked on but also clarifies your role in projects, your process, and the impact the project had for the client, company, etc.
- You exhibit exceptional creative problem solving skills, regardless of the constraints in place
- You possess a willingness to learn new technologies, techniques, processes, all the while, looking for ways to improve said technologies, techniques, and processes
- You pay attention to detail
- You foster collaboration with stakeholders who may not “speak design” while displaying patience and sensitivity to internal partners
- You possess excellent organizational skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are comfortable working both within established design systems and evolving those systems over time
- You work independently, are self motivated, and have a bias towards action
- Professional education or training in Visual Design, Interaction Design, User Experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in digital design, focusing on Web, mobile, responsive design at a startup, studio, or in-house team
- While this position doesn’t require a coding background, general knowledge of HTML, CSS, and development frameworks like Bootstraps, Angular, or other Web technologies is a big plus
- Extremely comfortable with the tools of the trade: Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Sketch. Prototyping tools like Axure RP Pro or Marvel are a big plus. Must also be productive with G-Suite tools
- A competitive base salary
- Flexible DTO (Discretionary Time Off) policy to take time to recharge
- Flexible work from home policy
- Robust benefits plans including medical, dental, vision from Day 1
- A newly renovated office environment near the popular West 25th Street area
BoxCast is an easy-to-use, flexible live video streaming solution for organizations. Launched in 2013, BoxCast is a proud member of the rapidly-growing tech community in Cleveland, OH.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.