Software Engineer III (Infrastructure)
Title: Software Engineer III (Infrastructure)
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Cleveland, OH
FLSA Status: Exempt
How You'll Make An Impact
As a software engineer at BoxCast, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining full stack software products and features. You will be a developer, thinker, researcher, tester, and tinker-er. You interpret vision from senior leadership by creating art with the code you write because it is in line with solutions achieving the company vision. You’ll test and iterate on existing and new product features to ensure they are on-brand, functional, usable, and accessible.
On the Infrastructure team, you'll work on our core streaming architecture to process massive amounts of video in the cloud while serving countless viewers at scale. You'll reach beyond your amazing programming abilities to influence cloud architecture, DevOps, developer tooling, and the SDLC.
What You'll Do
As a senior engineer, you are expected to emerge as a leader on the team in one or more of these functions, while developing products on a cross-functional team.
- Architect, design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain full-stack features, services, and microservices primarily on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud
- Maintain expertise in languages and technologies including Golang, C, Ruby, Terraform, Docker, and MySQL
- Contribute to designing and building ideal customer journeys and UX with your technical contribution including an ability to understand how individual features and changes impact the overall product offering strategy
- Achieve excellent project execution results by actively participating in sprint planning, kickoff, and review meetings
- Stay informed of emerging cloud technologies and evaluate their value to the organization’s operations
- Mentor technical colleagues in your specific areas of technical strength and learn from technical colleagues that exhibit superior strength in technical areas you may have knowledge gaps
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of product designers, software engineers, hardware engineers, and business leaders
How You'll Display Our Values
- Integrity: you will be a beacon of trust and ethical engineering among a team of talented engineers
- Collaboration: you will routinely interact with employees at all levels of the company, including company leadership and employees in other departments
- Judgement: you will make the best architectural decisions, even if you only have limited or at times unclear supporting data or requirements
- Achievement: you will contribute and develop reliable and high quality code that inspires colleagues and the broader organization
- Innovation: you will develop cutting edge features for our end-to-end live video streaming SaaS platform
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with Golang and Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
- Experience working in an agile environment
- High attention to detail and process
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of the live streaming ecosystem, with specific expertise in HLS, RTMP, RTP, and/or WebRTC
- In-depth experience with the FFmpeg suite of tools
- A thorough understanding of the key components in a modern streaming ecosystem, including origin servers and CDNs
- Experience in a startup tech environment
- Robust benefits plans including medical, dental, vision from Day 1
- Flexible DTO (Discretionary Time Off) policy to take time to recharge
- A newly renovated office environment near the popular West 25th Street area
BoxCast is an easy-to-use, flexible live video streaming solution for organizations. Launched in 2013, BoxCast is a proud member of the rapidly-growing tech community in Cleveland, OH.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.