QA Engineering Manager
Title: QA Engineering Manager
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Cleveland, OH
FLSA Status: Exempt
How You'll Make An Impact
At BoxCast, delivering quality products to our customers is paramount to our missions. As QA Engineering Manager, you'll build and guide a team of quality assurance engineers that are integral parts of all cross-functional projects, rallying around common goals to deliver value constantly to broadcasters and viewers. You are responsible for bringing strong leadership to the group, developing quality standards and protocols, creating innovative ways to automate and expand product testing, and building a culture of continuous improvement and dedication to the delivery of quality products.
In this role, you will manage, coach, empower, support, and contribute alongside the team that you build and shape. You are expected to emerge as a leader in the organization, working hand-in-hand with the Director of Engineering to deliver results.
What You'll Do
- Build a great team
Guide and develop each team member
- Ensure you have the right people in the right seats and hire great people
- Foster a collaborative, team-first culture focused on excellence
- Establish a trusting relationship with each direct report
- Understand what motivates each person on your team
- Grow, mentor, and lead individuals professionally
- Praise and criticize directly (with care)
Leverage technology trends and tools
- Create innovative ways to automate and expand product testing
- Ensure that customers continue to be served reliably
- Achieve excellent project execution results by actively participating in sprint planning, kickoff, and review meetings
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support organizational strategies and objectives
- Develop and drive KPIs for objective quality measurements
- Stay informed of technologies, tools, and vendors that BoxCast can or should be leveraging in order to improve our product offerings
- Partner to build a DevOps culture through the extension of CI/CD best practices
How You'll Display Our Values
- Integrity: Leads by example by exhibiting personal integrity in all ways. Takes responsibility for the organization’s effectiveness. Operates as a beacon of trust and ethical engineering guidance for a growing, high performing team.
- Collaboration: Understands when to communicate and escalate information critical to business leaders and promotes a collaborative environment within the Engineering team.
- Judgement: Thinks critically and makes decisions based on quantitative – not qualitative – measures.
- Achievement: Thrives on execution and is motivated to develop great products that make an impact.
- Innovation: Creates an environment that fosters creativity and smart risks in order to inspire indispensable solutions to complex problems and dramatic improvements to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in quality engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in a quality engineering field
- Experience with automated QA tools, such as Selenium, Postman, or Datadog
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach others to success
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and process
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of the live streaming ecosystem
- Experience in a startup tech environment
- Robust benefits plans including medical, dental, vision from Day 1
- Flexible DTO (Discretionary Time Off) policy to take time to recharge
- A newly renovated office environment near the popular West 25th Street area
BoxCast is an easy-to-use, flexible live video streaming solution for organizations. Launched in 2013, BoxCast is a proud member of the rapidly-growing tech community in Cleveland, OH.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.