Project Manager II
Title: Project Manager II
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Location: Cleveland, OH
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $60–75,000/year
How You'll Make An Impact
As a project manager, you'll be the scrum master for one or more cross-functional Agile development teams and oversee the project development lifecycle.
You'll have a constant read on the pulse of key, cross-functional projects by collaborating closely with managers and individual contributors from several departments. You'll have the difficult and admirable job of balancing the philosophy of "defending the team" from stakeholders while maintaining agility as new information is learned and knowledge is formed. You'll be seen as an expert in Agile project management best practices, coaching and mentoring both managers and individual contributors at the company.
What You'll Do
- Ensure all internal stakeholders are provided timely updates on the status of key projects, milestones, and goals
- Report and escalate key issues to management as needed
- Serve as an expert in Agile project management, providing training and wisdom to both members of cross-functional project teams and other project managers within the organization
- Clearly articulate project management philosophy to all appropriate stakeholders (functional managers, Agile business owners, and individual contributors)
- Prescribe and evangelize the most effective tools to foster cross-functional collaboration, such as Slack, Atlassian Confluence and Jira, and G Suite
- Collaborate with other departments to define, implement, and iterate the most effective project/issue hierarchy and tool configuration of Atlassian Jira
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency in project management best practices
- Collaborate with product management and business owners to understand business requirements
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Determine resource availability and allocation with functional department managers
- Plan and facilitate scrum activities, including sprint planning, daily stand up, demos, board reviews, and retrospectives
- Act as a liaison between development teams, product management, and user experience + research, ensuring appropriate project process is made
- Proactively determine and manage project risks
- Reactively identify and resolve impediments that slow development or prevent the team from meeting established goals or milestones
How You'll Display Our Values
- You're honest in your dealings and communications, and are known for your candor and directness.
- You only say things about fellow employees and customers you'll say to their faces.
- You're quick to admit mistakes. You say what you think, even if it's controversial.
- You're willing to make sacrifices to do the right thing in the right way, even if no one may ever notice.
- You listen well, instead of quickly reacting, so you can better understand.
- You're concise and articulate in speech and writing, sharing information openly and proactively.
- You remain calm and poised in stressful situations.
- You seek what's best for BoxCast rather than for yourself.
- You're egoless when searching for the best ideas.
- You don’t take credit, but give it to others to elevate their efforts over your own.
- You act and behave as a fully formed, mature adult.
- You make wise decisions despite ambiguity.
- You think strategically and can articulate what you are and are not trying to do.
- You smartly separate what must be done well now from what can be improved later.
- You know how to focus on what's most important rather than what's most urgent or interesting.
- You take smart risks.
- You accomplish amazing amounts of important work.
- You demonstrate consistently strong performance so colleagues can rely on you.
- You exhibit bias-to-action and avoid analysis-paralysis.
- You make tough decisions without agonizing and take responsibility for driving forward progress.
- You're courageous in facing new challenges with urgency.
- You learn rapidly and eagerly.
- You're broadly knowledgeable about business, multimedia, technology, and marketing.
- You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted and suggest better approaches.
- You're constantly experimenting and introducing new ideas to discover opportunities.
- You keep us nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify.
- You look beyond small improvements (10%) to achieve radical success (10x).
- Perform work under minimal supervision
- Handle complex issues and problems, and refer only the most complex issues to higher-level staff
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of subject matter
- Provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group
- Ability to foster teamwork, as well as to develop and mentor others.
- Decision-making skills
- Management skills
- Customer/client orientation
- Technical expertise + computer skills
- Project management skills
- Typically, a bachelor's degree and 5+ years' experience (may require Scrum Master Certification/CSM).
Nice to Have
- 2+ years' experience working at a SaaS or software company
- Advanced degree in a related field of study
- Understanding of livestreaming ecosystem