Reports to: Marketing Manager
Location: Cleveland, OH
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
How You'll Make An Impact:
The Copywriter helps bring the BoxCast story to life through the powerful medium that is the written word. We’re counting on you to distill the most important aspects of our story and our customers’ stories and communicate those ideas in a compelling way. The Copywriter understands creative problem solving and has a passion for writing on every digital platform. You write because you love to, not because you have to. You’re an ultimate team player who will create value in any situation.
What You'll Do:
- Write and proofread ad copy, articles, blog posts, emails, success stories (case studies), website copy, guides, press releases, and any other type of content that requires writing expertise
- Ensure all written content aligns with brand positioning and voice
- Adjust voice and tone for audience and project type
- Research content topics and live video production trends relevant to our audiences
- Facilitate new, creative ideas for written content
- Collaborate with members of the Client Success, Direct Sales, Channel Partner, Marketing, and Product teams to find opportunities to bring our brand voice into external communications.
- Have an obsessive eye for detail and accuracy
How You'll Display Our Values:
- Integrity: communicate openly and honestly at all times
- Collaboration: work effectively with your colleagues and prove useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner.
- Judgment: adapt your tone and style based on audience, medium, and industry.
- Achievement: focus on the great results that your writing delivers.
- Innovation: constantly experiment and introduce new ideas for written content to discover opportunities.
- Submit a portfolio showcasing a range of written work
- Strong storytelling skills and a mastery of grammar and the English language
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- Prior experience in a marketing capacity
- Prior experience working with designers, developers, and a team-focused creative process
- An ability to think creatively while remaining pragmatic
- An ability to follow directions, and give and take constructive criticism
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of live streaming ecosystem
- Prior experience in a tech startup environment
- A competitive base salary
- Flexible DTO (Discretionary Time Off) policy
- Benefits plan including medical insurance, dental insurance, and more
- 2 weeks of paid parental leave
- A newly renovated office environment near the popular West 25th St. area