Business Development Representative
Title: Business Development Representative
Reports to: Direct Sales Manager
Location: Cleveland, OH
FLSA Status: Exempt
How You'll Make An Impact
The Business Development Representative will support the Direct Sales, Client Managers, and Support Team by identifying, cultivating, and qualifying leads through the sales and support process. As the Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for handling inbound inquiries via chat, phone, and email. You will work closely with the sales team, client managers, and the support team to effectively lead prospects through the sales and on-boarding process.
What You'll Do
- Engage directly with potential customers via phone call, email, and online chat in an efficient and professional manner
- Focus heavily on inbound leads and current clients that are seeking information
- Track and maintain lead contact information in our CRM (HubSpot)
- Generate and set up appointments for the Sales Department, Client Managers, and Support team in order to educate users on product and services
- Answer sales and technical questions as it pertains to our product offering
- Help increase free trial activations of new users to a paid subscription
How You'll Display Our Values
- Integrity: communicate honestly and ethically when working with users
- Collaboration: work closely with the Sales, Client Success, and Marketing team and are open to learning and exploring new sales tactics
- Judgment: identify a lead’s needs and go above and beyond to provide the best solution and recommendation
- Achievement: self-motivated, highly enthusiastic, and committed to success and excellence
- Innovation: drive initiatives and think outside of the box to reach our potential customer base
- You communicate clearly and can articulate the strategy and rationale behind your decisions in the work.action, and break down obstacles in your way.
- You strive to be analytical and objective, and you partner with teammates who share this mindset.
- You sweat the details because you know that millions of people rely on what you’re building.
- You do what it takes to prioritize and get the highest impact things done.
- You get organized, stay focused, have a bias towards action, and break down obstacles in your way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years experience in a virtual sales or business development related role
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Works well with minimal supervision and is self-motivated
- Inquisitive nature and is comfortable asking questions to obtain information
- Physical ability to lift/move packages ~25 lbs around the storage space
- Flexible work schedule for future evening and weekend shifts
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with HubSpot CRM, Slack, Google Apps, Intercom, Jira
- Experience using a live chat tool for customer communication
- Understanding of the Live Streaming ecosystem
- Previous business development or sales experience
- Technical expertise with Audio/Visual equipment
BoxCast is an easy-to-use, flexible live video streaming solution for organizations. Launched in 2013, BoxCast is a proud member of the rapidly-growing tech community in Cleveland, OH.
BoxCast is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.